Thursday, April 3, 2008

Soft Sky + Groovy Guava + Chocolate Chip = Sophisticated Spring Color Combo

Playing off of the Afternoon Tea dsp color palette these cards both use Soft Sky, Groovy Guava, and Chocolate Chip.  The "You Look Fabulous" card was made by my amazing stampin'-friend Julie B.  She always puts together great cards.  We are in a swap group with seven other friends from near (San Jose CA) and far (Iowa) and even farther (Qatar). The stamp set Julie used, She's All That, is found in the Mini Occasions catalog.

The second card is one I made using the Essence of Love stamp set also found in the Mini Occasions catalog.  I came up with the card after noticing scraps on my table that looked good together.  I decided they would make a clean 3 x 6 card.  I especially like the focal image being stamped with white ink on the dark cardstock.  Yes, there is glitter on this card.  I sprayed the top third of the card with AquaNet hairspray and while it was still wet I sprinkled the glitter.  The butterfly is cool if you look at it closely.  I inked up the image with a Soft Sky pad and then a Cameo Coral marker.  Before stamping the image I used the "thinking of you" stamp, which was inked in Chocolate Chip, and bounced it randomly on the butterfly.  I huffed and then stamped!

No comments:

Post a Comment