Thursday, June 24, 2010

One of a Kind Watercolor


I totally enjoy sitting and taking time to make a single card. Don't get me wrong I like the quick and clever cards, but this technique takes time and cannot be repeated. What I do is mist a piece of watercolor paper and stamp an image a couple times without reinking. Then I mist it to lift away the color and blot dry. I keep doing this until I get a background that I like. My last step is to stamp a few more times and barely mist the image just enough to blur the edges. For this technique, which I call Monet stamping, you have to use watercolor paper. It is heavy enough to withstand all the water misting.

My color combo here is brand new for me. I used Melon Mambo and Real Red with two new colors from Stampin' Up! Poppy Parade and Pear Pizazz. The stamps are also hot off the press--the set is called Friends Never Fade.

No comments:

Post a Comment