Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Faux Seersucker

With a few quick runs through a paper crimper, both up and down and side to side you can create a faux seersucker textured paper.  I love this simple effect which gives my card a casual yet sophisticated look.  I first stamped all the heather flowers before I crimped the cardstock.  I gently smoothed out the crimping before I glued the panel to the card base.  Once glued to the card base I used my finger nails to distress the edges.

Card Supplies
Stamps: Nature Walk
Inks: Soft Suede & Bravo Burgundy Stampin' Write Markers
Papers:  Soft Suede & Ivory Naturals Cardstocks
Accessories:  Beveled Windowpanes, Illuminated Top Coat, Crystal Effects, Twill Tape, Linen Thread Tools: Paper Crimper, Oval Punch, Bone Folder

Happy craftin, Elizabeth

2 comments:

  1. Great technique and Beautiful Card. TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth, this is a fantastic technique and it looks perfect with this set! Love those soft, distressed edges, too. Very, very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete