Saturday, June 18, 2011

Playful Polkadots Meets the Pennant Bigz XL Die

For the end of the Summer Edition of Create With Connie and Mary we are all to design a project using the elements from the Playful Polkadots Simply Scrappin' Kit.  My card for today is not your average 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" size.  Instead I decided to pay homage to my favorite Bigz XL die of all time--the Pennant Die which is being retired the end of June.


I used four of the larger die cut pieces to form my card base.  Three are from the DSP and one is Old Olive.  To lace up the front of my card I used Whisper White 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon.  To keep things dimensional and interesting I trimmed and layered the self adhesive die cuts from the kit.  I always pull out an Embossing Buddy when I work with Simply Scrappin' kits to take the sticky off the die cuts and then I add Stampin' Dimensionals to give lift.



I have made one of these big cards before and you can see it by clicking here.  I made it for last year's Stampin' Up! Artisan Award contest.  I was lucky enough to have been one of last year's winners and have had several fabulous opportunities this year.  Just yesterday I mailed off four boxes of hand made samples for Convention.  As a winner, my absolute favorite gift is my personal name stamp.  I use it on everything I create.  This year I am looking forward to seeing this year's winners and I whomever they are I say "congratulations and have a fabulous year." 



2 comments:

  1. Liz
    So sad they will discontinue that die. You are the Queen of making it work for tons of things. I am not sure I will ever get rid of mine.
    Kaylene

    ReplyDelete