Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Cased Starburst Wrapper Bracelet




This week the #120 challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments is Anything But a Card and to make a Wearable Bit of Art.  You have to go check them all out and then add your handmade piece of jewelry to the site. 

When I saw these cool Starburst Wrapper Bracelets on Pinterest I immediately thought of using a cool combination of Designer Series Paper from Stampin' Up! to make a watch.  I started with the Starburst Wrapper tutorial for some good instructions on how to make a fun and funky bracelet.  Then I modified the instructions to accomodate the weight of Stampin' Up!'s Designer Series Papers.

Here is what I did to adjust for the heavier weight of the Floral District Designer Series Paper:

I cut 20-24 strips of DSP at 4.5" x 1".
Then I folded each in half lengthwise.
And then I folded each lengthwise strip in half widthwise.
From that point I followed the tutorial.
To add the watch face I simply slipped the watch-band in between the strips.
I made my watch big enough to slip over my wrist like a bangle.


5 comments:

  1. Very clever! Love the idea of taking childhood obsession and bringing it into the adult world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so clever....how cute is this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cute!!! Looks bright and cheerful!!! Great color combo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great twist on a childhood favorite. I used gum wrappers to make these chains, but your wristband and that dsp look fabulous! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cool is this???? Oh my goodness it is just amazing! Genius!!!

    ReplyDelete