Saturday, January 26, 2013

Create with Connie & Mary Color Challenge


Man o man I wish you could see this card is person.  It has a subtle sparkle and shine that blends perfectly with the doilies and the Hearts a Flutter images and shapes.  I made this card our color challenge over at the Spring Occasions Edition at Create with Connie and Mary.  The More Amore DSP was the perfect pairing with this color challenge, so that is how I started my card.  Speaking of More Amore DSP I made the most luscious mini scrapbook for the Spring Occasions Edition.  You can see it if you're a subscriber.  If you are not a subscriber, it's never to late to join, or you can come to my house ;0)

The red heart doily comes from the More Amore DSP.  They come as a full sheet that you can clip apart.  You get a sheet of red and a sheet of Primrose Petals.  The smaller doily heart, the trio of hearts, and the pennants come from Hearts a Flutter, which I must say is the BEST set in the Spring caty!  I have to tell you I didn't plan to use three white doilies on my card.  In fact I was only wanting one.  Once it was all glued together I was fluffing and giving the doily a bit of dimension when I realized I had more than one.  Then I saw there were three!  Those things are really pressed together tightly so really check 'em before you glue them down.


6 comments:

  1. So very pretty - love all the elements (like the 3 dollies) !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you put your cards together to make them so elegant. This is absolutely delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy, as usual!! Curious as to what you used to make it look good enough to eat~ looks like sprinkled sugar?? TFS!! Off to get craft myself..thanks again for such talented inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, Elizabeth! I love the layers and the doilies. I know what you mean about them sticking together. I thought I had them all apart, then held them up to the light. If it's too white, there's more than 1 doily! lol Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the look of those layered doilies - I hadn't thought of that. So glad I stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Card!! It just makes my Heart go a Flutter with inspiration!

    Love and Hugs
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete