Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Another Post for Gina

That's right this post is for my sister-in-law Gina.  She made mention a while back that she likes to see some of the pictures of our work at work.  I love to stamp and wish it were my full time job, but it's not.  I work for a, not your average, florist called Bloomster's, you can see lots more on our Facebook page and website.  

We are lucky to do AMAZING floral designs, landscaping, event decor, interior decor, and holiday decor for businesses and private residences.  I focus most of my work on event design and coordination and we do on average five to six events a week, sometimes we do that many in a day.  I call those days "bring your friend to work days."  The photos I am sharing today are of a wedding we did in early February at a venue called Dogpatch Studios in San Francisco.  


We completely transformed the film studio into a Mexican plaza for a super sweet bride with tons of style.  I wish I had professional photos, but I don't so I will share my pics from my pocket camera.  This first picture of the cocktail hour bar SO does not do the look justice and the colors are wonky, but the entire area was so cool. I made all those medallions and must have used over 100 pieces of non SU! 12" x 12" card stock.  And can I say "not all card stock is created equal.  Buy Stampin' Up! it's WAY better."  The second photo is of one of the cocktail hour tables.  These were so festive and with the florals being designed in the cheapest containers ever!  They looked super fab.



For the main reception the bride wanted round tables, tall square tables, long farm tables, and even oval tables.  So for those we designed a collection of centerpieces in stained wooden boxes, terra cotta vessels, and palm husks.  For a much more exciting look we incorporate a series of complementing floral designs to create a custom dramatic look rather than mass produced presentation.  I made all the table numbers on miniature wood stained sandwich boards.  I used the Lacy Brocade TIEF, Typeset Alphabet Bigz Dies, and the Designer Rosette XL Bigz Die along with the Tasteful Trim XL Bigz Die.  What I don't have is any pictures of the bus that brought all the guests, including the bride and groom, from the ceremony to the reception.  I made HUGE tissue paper flowers, 38 to be exact, to decorate the inside and outside of the bus.  We also had a sign that hung on the back of the bus that said "Recien Casados (Just Married)."





For a focal to the reception we constructed a facade.  We started with some photos I took of an old adobe home in New Almaden, an early mining community of San Jose, and built a corrogated roof over columns.  We added kiwi vine and orchids along with bromeliads and palms to finish the look.  This was AMAZING.  I only wish I took the photos before the band arrived and started setting up their equipment. 


Throughout the ceiling we strung market lighting, oversized umbrellas, and papel picados in a variety of the brides colors.  I wish I had a picture of the entire room, but I don't, but it truly was fabulous.

5 comments:

  1. Elizabeth! This is sooooo spectacular! I love seeing what you create at work, too. You totally nailed the design, I can only imagine how wonderful the whole room looked. So much work but it sure must have been worth it with that end result. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! what a great place to work! Your table markers are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Completely, breathtakingly fabulous! Thank you so much for giving us a peek into what you do on your job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, this is my favorite type of post! Your blog readers may not realize that in addition to being a master paper crafter, you are also a fantastic designer. Love seeing your work! All the details for the wedding were creatively beautiful. (I'm crushing on the photo of the canoe inspired vessel with the lovely flower centerpiece. My fave!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! I love the bright flowers with the succulents, the columns and lighting and EVERYTHING. Kudos to you, Ebeth. You rock!

    ReplyDelete