Thursday, August 29, 2013

Age Spots?

I love this card and had a mega blast making it, but... When I look at the splatters I see age spots! Please tell me I am nuts. 

Here is what I did for this card: I started with watercolor paper and stamped the largest splatter image from Gorgeous Grunge a whole bunch of times in Pistachio Pudding, and then again in Crisp Cantaloupe, and then a whole bunch more in Coastal Cabana. Then with an Aqua Painter and water I smeared and blended the ink to create an ombre effect. I had to keep adding and adding stamp images to get the intensity of color I was looking for. Once the painted ombre was dry I stamped more splatters, the diagonal stripes, and the skid mark. I wanted the greeting to stand out but I didn't want to use black, so to keep things fresh I grabbed Baked Brown Sugar. To finish I added layered butterflies with Glimmer Brads.


5 comments:

  1. You made me laugh, reading about your age spots on the card. Too funny! Maybe the spots would look like age spots if you cut your card in the shape of a hand. But really, your card is beautiful! I see the spots as darker ink colors. Nothing more. :-) The butterflies and glimmer brads and lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Absolutely beautiful card. I just have a question on the diagonal stripes and skid mark stamps. Did you use markers in the indicated colors? I can see the three individual colors...stamp once or three times in each color. Thank you again for sharing this fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Elizabeth! I love the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Age spots, LOL! This card is absolutely gorgeous, I guess "timeless beauty" holds true!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, original idea!

    ReplyDelete