Sunday, November 3, 2013

Monday Montage Fun Stuff

I think this is just the cutest party favor box I have made in a super long time.  It's one of those projects I could see in my mind and then it worked exactly as I thought.  And for this one I knew I needed the Apothecary Labels Framelits to make it work.  

To make this favor you need:
  • Two apothecary labels cut from card stock, add texture if desired, score as shown below, and fold back on the scorelines.
  • Two apothecary labels cut from DSP, score as shown below, and fold on the scorelines.  Fold back on the bottom scoreline and forward on the side scorelines.
  • One 2 1/4" square piece of card stock.  
To assemble the box:
  • Adhere the DSP folded apothecary labels to the 2 1/4" square piece of card stock, one on the left edge and one on the right edge being sure to align the creases to the edge.  These two pieces will become the sides of the box.
  • Adhere the card stock folded apothecary labels to the 2 1/4" square piece of card stock, one on the top edge and one on the bottom edge being sure to align the creases to the edge.  These two pieces will become the front and the back of the box.

  • Fold up the sides, the front, and the back pieces to form box. 
  • Punch holes as shown in the photo below and run ribbon through the holes to close and secure the box. 
  • Add stamped decor to the front and give to a friend.
For my box I used Coastal Cabana card stock and the newest In Color Stack of DSP.  I gave the card stock some dimension and texture with the Alphabet Press TIEF.  The tag is made using one of the pieces from the Tag a Bag Kit from the big catalog which I trimmed with the Scallop Border Punch.  The stamp image is from the Artisan Label set which I embossed with Gold EP.  I love the yellow and aqua with a touch of gold for an updated color combination for a baby favor.
From Dara Gloden
To Julie Warnick




6 comments:

  1. How stinkin' ADORBS!!! What a clever idea!! I am DEFINITELY gonna hafta remember this one ... I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore this!!! Thanks so much for including the instructions. I love little treat holders. They make perfect favors for my card classes. Love, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable little favor! I love that you used the Apothecary Accent Framelit. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This IS the cutest little party favor box I've ever seen! Thanks for sharing the details on how you created it...I'll be making some of these for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello lovely Elizabeth!!
    WOW oh WOW I love this project!!! It's totally awesome indeed!! SO much so it inspired me to do one also!! Thank you for the fabbo instructions!! Must show this at my next class!!
    Great blog and wonderful things you make! YAY!
    Smiles Sharnee :)
    p.s if you'd like to see my take go here.....
    http://alarnee.blogspot.com.au/2014/04/perfectly-rustics-challenge-21-3d.html

    ReplyDelete