Thursday, May 21, 2015

Zero to 60 in 30!

I have been waiting for a few extra moments that I could sit down to get this post ready to share.  At church the youth gathered one evening to work on a huge service project for one of the local shelters in San Jose.  They made hygiene kits, tied blankets, gathered new bedding and bundled them with new pillows, and created hand stamped cards.

In less than 30 minutes our group of about 20 young men and young women completed all 60 cards.  We had six styles and made ten of each.  One special request from those who organized the service project was that each card included a "hand stamped by" image and a small signature.  It was so fun to see the girls and the boys add either their initials or a full signature.  They took pure delight in their accomplishment and that they found joy in making a difference for someone else.

All the card elements were precut and ready.  I set it up just like I do my stamp classes.  One major element that gave us a lot of look in a quick and easy way was washi tape.  I can't say it enough that I have grown completely in love with washi tape--it's so cool, colorful, carefree, and cost effective!
And here you have it.  Sixty cards finished and ready in just under 30 minutes!

1 comment: