Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Choose Happiness for a Sketch Challenge

Welcome to a super sketch challenge from Hand Stamped Sentiments.  At first I saw this sketch so literally--three pieces of DSP and a banner greeting.  What greeting I thought.  I was looking through my stack of stamps sets and decided to use an all-time favorite stamp set for my card called Choose Happiness.  Then I got to the creating process and added a few extra elements to bring the card to life.  Pieces like the layered scallop circle and the bird, the loops of linen thread, the tiny scrap of doily peaking out the banner, and the wooden "thanks" element.

I am so grateful for this challenge as it pushed me to make a card I would never have designed.  It's still a card with my flair, but it's a new look that is fresh and fun.  Do you need a card makin' pick me up?  Then go a accept the sketch challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment