Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Quick and Easy Patterned Watercoloring

It's time for a color challenge hosted by Hand Stamped Sentiments.  For this challenge I put together a watercolor background paper that was quick and easy.  I just finally ordered the Happy Patterns Decorative Masks (I know I am so silly for taking so long) and I love them, so I broke them out and used one for my watercolor technique.  The designs are super versatile but what makes them so cool is that they are not so huge.  They are the perfect size for cards which makes them easy to store, maneuver, and clean.

Here's what I did to create my mint and lagoon colored background.  I set one of the masks on top of a piece of Watercolor Paper and then I pounced and smooshed a Mint Macaron Ink Pad directly on them.  I pulled the mask away and then spritzed the inked design with water to "bleed" the color.  Once the image was dry I did it all over again with Lost Lagoon ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment