Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Lime Lover

Of all this great citrus themed inspiration from Hand Stamped Sentiments I love the limes the most.  In fact I am quite addicted to sliced limes for Diet Coke or a street taco with fresh squeezed lime.  I love Love LOVE limes.  From their smell to their tangy flavor they brighten my day.

With all the lime talk your wondering what that has to do with my take on the inspiration board.  Well here it is...  I started with the intent to watercolor a lime colored long panel, but when I grabbed my ink I gravitated toward the new Emerald Envy.  As I kept creating I decided to pull in the yellow, orange, and deep pink tones from the board.  Since there are no rules, grades, or payments based on my final take on the inspiration I can do whatever I stinkin' please!  Right?  Plus, I didn't want to be too literal.  These boards are meant to inspire, to start, to give a jumping off point for creating.  Then once the juices are flowing you can let into them and create for the heart.
The tall skinny cylinder vases and the beverage glasses inspired me to go with a 3 3/8" x 6 3/8" side fold card.  The background is watercolored and then edged with a Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker.  I used Shimmer White Card Stock for everything except the white on black greetings.  For the banners I used the Balloon Frameits and then watercolored them with Tangerine Tango, Melon Mambo, Emerald Envy, and Daffodil Delight.
The chalkboard style greeting and the banner images all are from the brand new set Thoughtful Banners and the coordinating punch is called the Duet Banner Punch.  Both are available in when the new catalog goes live on JUNE 1ST!!!  They are sold separately or as a bundle. 


1 comment:

  1. LOVE this card - everything about it is perfect. And best of all it si something completely different with the fun size and shape, and the twine as background interest.

    ReplyDelete