Sunday, May 29, 2016

EAT ME!

Welcome stamp friends to another Monday Montage Blog Hop!  I thought I would share a card and box designed to be perfect for guys using the stamps from May's Paper Pumpkin Kit and the Cutie Pie Framelits.

One of my go to framelits is the Cutie Pie set.  I can find lots of uses for each piece in the set with the exception of the "eat me" framelits.  I love the greeting; it's so snarky and sassy and totally me, but this is the first time I put them through my Big Shot.  After I cut them and before I popped them out I ran Snail over the back so that it would be easier to adhere the letters to the tag.  That worked like a charm except when I got to the dot of the exclamation point.
For my masculine themed birthday card I was totally jazzed to see the latest challenge at TGIF.  It's so cool.  It's all about being inspired by everyone that shared their creations with the challenge site all month.  It could be their designers, winners, or challengers.  I found total inspiration from a very cool card; my muse is Heather Heroldt.
To recreate the stripes along the right side I used the Brushstroke background stamp.  I inked up the stamp with Bermuda Bay, Mint Macaron, Island Indigo, and Old Olive Stampin' Write Markers.  The greeting images were all stamped with Night of Navy.  For the envelope liner I cut a piece of Envelope Paper with the Envelope Liner Framelits.  The liner framelits are being retired which saddens me, but mine are staying up front in my stash of card making supplies.  They just add such a special extra detail to take every hand made card way up and over the top.

from Dara
to Kaitlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment