Friday, November 25, 2016

TGIF #83 Spotlighting Cathy Caines

Now this is a fun one!  The challenge this week at TGIF is to be inspired by the most unique and stylish Cathy Caines.  She is a forward thinking paper crafter who has a style all her own that draws me in and inspires me.  When I think of Cathy I think watercolor, blue tones, grouped layers placed with skilled panache, and Project Life!  Hop over to Cathy's blog In the Cat Cave and check it all out.
For this watercolored background I start by scribbling a bunch of blue tones all over a piece of shimmer White card stock.  Sribbling, you ask?  Yes, with the new Watercolor Pencils which are in the up and coming Occasions Catalog.  I was lucky to receive a pack a the end of Onstage in Phoenix.  So, after the sribbling I took an Aqua Painter to blend the colors and then sprinkled a bit of sea salt on the wet paper to create more visual texture.



No comments:

Post a Comment