Friday, March 17, 2017

#TGIF99 Happy Celebrations

Baby! Oh, Baby! is this week's challenge at #TGIF99.   A perfect stamp set for this theme is Happy Celebrations and the coordinating Celebration Duo TIEFs.
I had this total challenge for myself for this theme and that was to use and conquer the Detailed Floral Thinlets. Conquer you ask?  Yes, conquer.  Every time I have set out to use these dies I have failed to make anything more than a mess.  I was determined and I finally succeeded and all I needed was a stinking' shim!  Yeah it finally cut all the way through in all areas and I had good pieces to work with.
#tgifc99 Baby! Oh, Baby!
I decided I would mix the fancy floral lacy cut outs with the more clean lined whimsical look of the Happy Celelbrations and the curved banner.  The blend lends to a more juxtaposed look that I kind of like.  A touch that doesn't stand out very much is the Petal Burst embossing which I kind of like that texture on texture look.  But my favorite things on this card are the wooden elements.
I doubled up the wooden heart and flower because when I had just one layer it was too wimpy and flat.


1 comment: