Friday, September 29, 2017

#TGIF127 Tic Tac Toe

We are playing tic-tac-toe at TGIF this week.
Check out all the cool entries at #TGIF127 then play a game and link up with us.
This challenge had me stumped, in fact I thought I would be playing a "cats" game and not make three in a row.  Finally, I got my game on and was able to get my act together to get three in a row that included water color, twine/ribbon, and paper piecing.  
I stamped the pig image on a piece of Bundle of Love Specialty DSP using Basic Grey ink.  Then a quick fussy cut and I had my first corner (to win you always go of a corner first).  Next, I needed a backdrop for the piggy so I went for another corner and busted out some inks and Watercolor Paper.  When looking at using the "hogs and kisses" greeting I decided to try some of my own non-traditional paper piecing by cutting up some Lovely Words Thinlits cutouts to manipulate and transform hugs to "hogs."
Last, the winning square was twine/ribbon.  Slam dunk I can do twine anytime!  In fact I may have a bit of an addition to twine.  I love twine just as much as shiny stuff.  Go figure that's why I have Mini Gold Sequins and Gold Glimmer Paper on this card.  Oh wait, there's more shine--I added some 2016-2018 In Color Glitter Acrylic Shapes.  These are super cute, but I don't see them too often or maybe I'm just not paying attention.  I will wrap it up by saying I am happy to add twine and shine any time ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment