Friday, October 27, 2017

#TGIF131

Today is Friday and you know what is so great about that?  Tomorrow is the weekend, yes!!
But, it also means it's time for another challenge.  All of us over at TGIF have made "eclipse" cards because that is the challenge for this week.  Join us for #TGIF131
I will have to be honest here and let you know that the "eclipse" trend in card making has never been my "oh I have to go give that a try" kind of thing.  So, this is my first attempt and let me tell you this was NOT a quick  bang it out kind of card.  This took me a long time, which is okay.  Sometimes it is therapeutic to revel in the process of card making rather than speed through the creative process.  Will I try this technique again?  Maybe, probably, we'll see ;0)

I pulled out a bunch of stamp sets for this challenge.  I grabbed In the City, Glamper Greetings, and Christmas Pines.  Take a super close look and you will see a wreath on the church and a snowman.  Both of those images are from the Glamper Greetings.  All the other images are from In the City except the greeting on the banner.
I started by taping a piece of Shimmer White card stock down to a heavy sheet of chip board.  Then I stamped the city scape and filled in the buildings with their corresponding pieces.  After that I watercolored the night sky with Marina Mist, Dapper Denim, and Berry Burst.  Along the ground I pounced Whisper White ink with a sponge dauber and then added Iridescent Ice embossing powder.  I gave the powder a whirl with the heat tool and then had an awesome snowy look.

I used the Large Letter Framelits to cut the word PEACE.  Each of the letters is backed with a second layer of card stock to give it a bit more body and sturdiness.  Using Mini Dimensionals I added the letters back into the scene.  Finishing details include Basic Rhinestones and 1/8" Silver Ribbon.




5 comments:

  1. This is so sweet!! I love the choice of stamp set and colors and even the word Peace. Did you plan that snowmans spot or was it happenstance? So fun that it stands or in the P - literally :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! This card is stunning! I love everything about it: your watercoloring, the colour scheme, your use of the technique and of the stamp set... One of my favorite cards this year! :)
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I was wanting to use In the City for a Christmas card - great to see such a beautiful example!!

    ReplyDelete