Sunday, December 17, 2017

Monday Montage Quicksand

Quicksand?  Yes, quicksand roses are the inspiration for today's Monday Montage card.  I work for a large floral business and get to see gorgeous flowers everyday; some totally blow my mind at there pure and glorious beauty.  One flower type we stock regularly are Quicksand Roses.  Several vendors sell their version of a Quicksand Rose and each are unique, but equally stunning.  The main color of Quicksand roses is a nude blush with hints of dusky-dirty rose tones.  Some, my favorites, have deep pinkish red tips on the petals.  As they open their look is oh so fabulous.  
This card features the floral image from the upcoming Sale-a-Bration Amazing You Stamp Set.  I stamped the image repeatedly on Shimmer White Card Stock with a Tuxedo Black Momento Ink Pad.  I used the Crumb Cake Light and Dark, Pink Pirouette Light and Dark, and the Cherry Cobbler Light Stampin' Blends to color the flowers.  A pale wash of Pool Party Ink fills the background for a subtle punch of color. 
For added dimension I cut the word "lovely" from the Lovely Words Thinlits four times and glued them all together.  The top layer is Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper on which I Sponge Brayered Powder Pink and Berry Burst Ink.  It's really hard to see in the photo, but I also coated the entire "lovely" in Fine Tip Glue.  It gives it a smooth shine with embedded glimmering diamonds.
A narrow strip of Pieces and Patterns DSP, several Black Rhinestones, and Linen Thread embellishments finish up my card.



SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment