Thursday, March 15, 2018

Picture Perfect Stampin' Up! Artisan Blog Hop

Hi, hello, greetings, and a big welcome to the March Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop!  Pages four and five of the Occasions Catalog feature the Picture Perfect Party Suite.
These fun, festive, and playful products are so perfect for creating for life's happiest celebrations--BIRTHDAYS!
For this hop I have put together a sweet birthday celebratory centerpiece that doubles as super cute party favors.  And here's a great touch, the party hat cake topper is totally wearable.
My cake topper is a hand-made party hat based on a piece of Bermuda Bay Cardstock.  To make the hat base I used a piece of scrap paper to create a pattern then when I had a shape and size I liked I traced it and cut it out of the Bermuda Bay Cardstock.  Before I adhered the cone shaped hat together I anchored in a tassel of Sweet Soiree Ready Shreddie through the top point.
A collaring of crinkled Delicate White Doilies is the base for loops of Berry Burst 1/2" Finely Woven Ribbon and Silver Mini Sequin Trim.  My absolute favorite touch is the tiny addition of Silver Glitter on the party blowers.  It ties in with the Silver Glimmer Paper and Silver Mini Sequin Trim perfectly.
The cake is made up of 14 slices that were put together with the Picture Perfect Party 6" x 6" DSP and the Gift Bag Punch Board.  Each slice takes two pieces of the 6" x 6"paper and then are decorated with the Picture Perfect Birthday Stamp Set, Sweet Soiree Ready Shreddie, Delicate White Doilies, and Basic Black Bakers Twine.
To make each slice of cake:
1.  Select (2) pieces of matching 6" x 6" DSP.
2.  Using the Gift Bag Punch Board place paper on start line and punch.  Then score the triangle and side scorelines.
3.  Slide the paper to align the side scoreline on the start line and punch.  Then score on the line for a medium sized box.
4.  Slide the paper to align the medium scoreline on the start line and punch.
5.  Repeat steps 2, 3, and 4 with the second piece of paper.
6.  Clip away the tabs on both pieces of paper as shown in the photo below.
7.  Fold on the scorelines and adhere the two punched and scored papers together to form a bag.
8.  Squeeze the top of the bag closed and permanently glue them shut.
9.  Fill boxes from the bottom and secure with a Stampin' Dimensionals.
Thanks for hopping by and allowing me to share with you my
birthday cake and party hat centerpiece that doubles as a batch of party favors.
You are now on your way to visit with Emma and I know she has an
awesome project to share with you all.
Product List


14 comments:

  1. OK. those bags are little SOOOOOOO perfect! How smart to make them in the cake!! Only thing missing a pic of YOU in that hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! That favor cake is such a great idea and I'm loving all those little touches of silver glimmer. Agree with Cathy, you going to model that hat for us? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super idea!! So much work has gone into creating all those bags but so worth it for the final cake! I will be casing this idea for sure for my sons next party xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy moly woman! You’ve been crafty busy!! This is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH EM GEE that hat is amazing! I'm with Cathy though, we need a pic of it on! Loving this whole party suite you've put together Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome idea!! These are amazing Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a party going on here today! What an amazing idea!! It looks really stunning Elizabeth, worth while all the work you've put into it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elisabeth, your birthday cake is fantastic!
    WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful! You are very talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I love your birthday cake and I especially love that the slices come apart as favor bags. You are so very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Elizabeth, this birthday cake is super amazing. I never would have thought to make something like this. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Elizabeth, this birthday cake is super clever and amazing. You are so creative. I cannot imagine the time it took to create these beautiful birthday projects. xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, this is so cool. I love that you made a cake. You have put so much time into this and it's great. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ok, this is amazing Elizabeth!!!! I love your style!

    ReplyDelete